W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• August 22, 2017, 07:06:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Inside Hock's Heart! (The Rich Dimitri Interview)  (Read 1037 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Inside Hock's Heart! (The Rich Dimitri Interview)
« on: May 12, 2015, 10:47:34 AM »

And now, a different sort of interview, May 2015,  of yours truly...the kind only Richard Dimitri would conduct.

Question 1. What significant change(s) on a human level, have you gone through over the last decade in direct relation to your work and how has it, if any, changed the way in which you teach/instruct?

Ten years went fast, but if I conjure up an image of myself teaching somewhere at that time, it seems like 25 years ago. Not being a very introspective person, I think, change-wise, I still hone away at material to its generic core, trying to see what and where that core could fit in the other subjects I try to pass on.

In these ten years I still try to get people to experiment through options and select their favorite 8 to 10, or 12 favorite ‘self defense” things for most of the problem-solving that fits their world. But as I age (in my 60s), I now tell people to review their list every 8 or so years to see of they can still do their favorites well enough and maybe consider some changes. These last years though, I start all sessions off with a speech that includes,

“...nothing I, or we will do, will be perfect. Everything we do will have a counter,”

just to get the right mindset that we are going to exercise though a variety of options, non-perfect, all with escapes. This bit of truth gets a chuckle from some smarter folks and shocks others because they think martial system “heads” and "ringleaders" are supposed to deliver “magic bullets” to any and all attack problems.

...for the rest, click here-
http://forcenecessarytv.blogspot.com/2015/05/inside-hocks-heart-rich-dimitri.html

Download