W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• June 23, 2017, 07:46:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Where Do You Draw The Line On The Gear You Carry?  (Read 935 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Where Do You Draw The Line On The Gear You Carry?
« on: August 16, 2015, 04:33:48 PM »

Another confession? I am a tactical tourist. Oh the shame. The stigma.

No, not a person who travels the world like a smart tourist with ultra-light, waterproof clothes and my museum and restaurant guide in the ready. No, not that kind of vacation tourist. I am just a guy going through my suburban life with very little survival gear. Sometimes I dare enter urban areas too... gulp...yes, you read right! URBAN areas and with very little gear. Places where people apparently must have P.H.D.s in URBAN fighting just to get through the day!

Through the years we have heard the term, "tactical lifestyle" and along with it the brag

"I, (or we) live a...tactical lifestyle."

And that does sound cool. But, several of us in the training business wonder if they know what that are saying and doing compared to the big picture. As the old, wise expression goes - "there's what you know, what you don't know, and what you don't know, you don't know." Do these proclaimers actually know where they fit in the "action-guy chart?" The full spectrum of war and crime?

For the essay, read here: http://forcenecessarytv.blogspot.com/2015/08/where-do-you-draw-line-on-gear-you-carry_16.html

Download