W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• December 10, 2017, 06:30:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fighting Athleticism: Fighting the Criminal and the Enemy Soldier  (Read 913 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com

"...my first, real taste in trying to understand this confusion  was when basic training, US Army instructors in 1973 would say, “this is how they will try to kill you.” Then, the  military police academy had similar phrases and one time, one instructor said, “this is how they will try to kill you Saturday night.”

Saturday night? You mean this Saturday night? This really caused me to pay much closer attention to the instruction. And in both courses, they taught actual attacks used by the local enemy or the local criminal. They advised us that when we got to our assigned stations there would even be more training on how the locals worked and assaulted us. It was also the first time I heard the phrase “who, what, when, where, how and why,” in conjunction with police work. Who is coming after me on Saturday night, anyway? What will they do exactly? Etc, etc  on the ”Ws and H” questions I still use today. And what about Wednesday nights too? Can’t forget them..."

Click here for the essay: http://forcenecessarytv.blogspot.com/2015/12/fight-athleticism-to-fight-criminals.html

Download