W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• December 10, 2017, 06:30:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Kerambit Handicap  (Read 1116 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
The Kerambit Handicap
« on: May 19, 2016, 01:43:51 AM »

"There's an old story going around about me and a kermabit. The tale goes that during a seminar, lunch break, in the 1990s, a guy walked up to me and showed me his kerambit, and I looked at it, opened a nearby window and threw it out the window of a two-story building. This isn't true. I would never do that to a guy's property. I can say confidently that not only would I be so rude as to throw his out a 2-story window, I would never throw my own kerambit out a window either, because I would never own one in the first place.
     Being somewhat in the business of knives, I am all too often shown kerambits and asked questions about kerambits. You know, the curved bladed knife that looks like a single animal claw. Some folks think they are Godís gifts to knives. And I am shown and see way too many karembits. I see photos and photos of them in the web. God, they look cool. All kinda science-fictiony. Klingon-like. Deadly. Tiger-paw looking. I can honestly proclaim I have never seen a kerambit I didnít think was very, cool looking. Wow!
     Lord knows I donít want to be attacked by one. But I donít want one. Donít need one. Donít want one. Because of the Karembit Handicap. I hope I can..."

Read the rest here-
http://www.forcenecessary.com/the-kerambit-gambit-handicap/

Mr. Barnett

• Level 4
Re: The Kerambit Handicap
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 02:28:00 PM »

I feel like I'm defacing this website, writing all over it like a bandit!  Then the thought of Humphry Bogart disarming the body guard in The Maltese Falcon made me laugh because I just couldn't see ole Bogart with a Karambit.
-The natural right of self-defense permits us to oppose an enemy with the same arms he uses, and to make his own rage and folly recoil upon himself-

Download