W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• November 17, 2017, 11:28:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: word, stick, knife, gun?  (Read 1094 times)

Mr. Barnett

• Level 4
word, stick, knife, gun?
« on: January 23, 2017, 01:55:47 PM »

It is a force necessary world.
Make no mistake about it.  It has always been so.  Yet today we find ourselves here.  In this moment.  Our imaginationns are larger than life, and reality is cold and hard.  In your face.  Same as it ever was.  same as it ever was.  Other men’s words say so much, and yet say so little.  We repeat them, we bend them, flex them, alter and abolish them, can them, spam them and everywhere kablam them, and yet they keep coming.  Words keep on coming.  They will never stop.  What words have value?  what words do not?  Paul (The Apostle) mentions that every sssound has a meaning.  Every word is a sound…or is it?  Are there words unsponken?  I recon so.   

Its a force necessary world.
Does every drop kick noun and spinning back kick adjective have a right to exist without a sound?  Oh!  What right do I have to lift such a weapon as this?  This medium of exchange, this physical disaster in our mind?  That is to be tamed, and that alone...

File under humor and satire. 
-The natural right of self-defense permits us to oppose an enemy with the same arms he uses, and to make his own rage and folly recoil upon himself-

usks1

• Level 4
  • Don't tell me.. show me..
    • U.S. Karate
Re: word, stick, knife, gun?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 02:39:59 AM »

As Hock has said before.. There aren't many knife duels, but plenty of knifings.. Same goes for impact weapons, firearms, and empty hands.. We need to train to be functional in these areas against all areas.. We won't see a 10 round streetfight, and we won't be in a 3 musketeers duel or even a WEKAF bout on the street.. As for the 80/20 rule.. This is more like 99 / 2 rule.. So work hard, train hard, and as those Lansdale Texicans say.. "Hit fast, Hit hard, go to the house"
" I see people doing all kinds of crazy stuff.. Eatin razor blades and sh--t.. But I wanna know.. Can he fight?? "

Moses Powell ( RIP ) - The warrior within

Download